BoCoMo's 40G Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You and I are gonna need to discuss some frags pretty soon :)

Bullies towards shrimp is putting it nicely :).

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Couple top down shots. I didn't get everyone in a pic but I got most; and I promise no retouching - my iphone hates led's.

Lighting is Maxspect Razor 100% whites and 100% blues on

Spoiler alert - Should have 10 or more new Z's and P's arrive tomorrow :)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
That's one heck of a collection. Picked up some Sunny D's the other day. Not super rare but some crazy color! Looking for rastas currently if I can find them for a decent price.

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
I've got some rasta's; sounds like I may need to put a pack together for you. Here are pics of the the mother colonies of the 11 new zoa's I got in today. (plus I got a bonus frag and I am excited to see what it is)

Sunny Side Up

Strawberry Patch

Solar Flare

Pumpkin Patch

Lemon Head

Green Bay Packers

Bubblicious

Chocolate Mint

Apple Berry

Fire Cracker

Deep Water Horizon

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Pumpkin Patch is sweet!

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Trying to get better at taking pics with the iphone. I think I need to make a frag rack so they can sit for a bit before I take the pic (or a tube to get the phone right down there next to them) because they were irritated when I picked them up and not extended out like they normally are.

What are your tricks for good pics?

And a most recent FTS (of course it's already different by now haha)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
LEDs make it tough with a point & shoot or cell phone. Iphones only white balance adjustment it to press on a "white" area in the camera view. It would be tougher to do in close ups but in that last pick (for example), if you were to press where the white sand is, you should see an adjustment. Sometimes you have to press a couple of times in the spot to get the camera to recognize what you're doing :).

Note that if you move the camera away from where you adjusted it to, the white balance will reset. It will also rest after each pic.

I have been meaning to try one of these as well. There is a cheaper ebay version...

http://www.olloclip.com/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store