Bo's BC29 build thread thingy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Maybe it fell out of a birdsnest and on to your front porch. Nice coral. You're gonna like that when it grows up. Do you know if that is an ORA? Looks like one.

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
Your clowns and your coral are so pretty. :D
Thanks ash, my clowns are adorable just doin their thing, hope they breed that would be a cool thing to see

Maybe it fell out of a birdsnest and on to your front porch. Nice coral. You're gonna like that when it grows up. Do you know if that is an ORA? Looks like one.
you sir have a keen eye and yes it is a ORA green birds nest :p:, im hoping it makes it, the shipping box was literally destroyed when i got it and i had to re-glue the frag back onto the plug but it seems to be doing well

SPS are seeming more enticing every day...i will update soon with a full tank shot as i have re-scaped..again lol

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I'm sure it will do great for you. I have found that SPS really don't like to be moved once the are happy. Even the frag plug rocking back and forth in the current seems to prevent them from extending their polyps and growing. Once you find a good place for it, glue it down and it will start encrusting that plug in no time.

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
i placed it 3/4 of the way up as per advice of the store, a hermit or a snail knocked it over last night so i put a dab of glue to hold it in its place, so hopefully its happy but if its not it shouldnt be to hard to move

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
Ok update i moved to a new appartment soo had to break everything down and re-set it up at the same time i changed out the old substrate as i really really didnt like it and figured now was a good time to change it up since i broke down the tank...yes the corals arent extended becuase they sat in a bucket overnight becuase during the haste of moving i kinda sorta forgot i put them in a bucket and yeaaaaaaa whoops they seem to be doing fine

Side note...i arranged the rock work(similar to the old rock work) so that i can see every coral from my couch...woot woot

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
A little while back my watchman goby went missing and i figured i would find him durning the move..well i didn't find a single trace of him so i think its safe to assume he passed on :(

with that said is there another kind of goby that would work well in my 29g? or another type of fish that would work well with my clowns and blenny? note i have no tops on this tank so jumpers are a no

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
Those are some nice looking corals Bo! Congrats!!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
wow bo those zoas look great under that light.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store