bottom feeders from SA?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0scar

ichthys enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003
San Francisco, CA
My Oscars seem to leave my Featherfin alone, but I guess that's 'cuz he's already 7 inches... how big do the corydoras you're talking about get? They eat anyhting smaller than them, including my previous clown kinfes and tinfoils...

The largest corydoras only get 2.5"... they're lunch meat.. =[

I never heard of a Doridad, can't find info on it either... but the Tiger Shovel-nose Catfish looks awfully tempting... that's what i wanted from the get-go... but my LFS had non in stock... they only had banded shovel-nose.. The Pictus Catfish looks like a good idea too... small enough to not fill up the tank, adn big enough to not get eaten whole

Last edited:

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Your Oscar will be TSN food once the TSN grows out. Finding Doradid links for you...think Raphael and other Cats from the same fam...

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Well he was thinking of getting it from the get go so it should be stated that they get to big for the tank then let him know the oscar would be lunch que no.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Good point, GER. Yeah, two strikes against the TSN and the third may come when he eats your Oscar...especially if your Oscar is beloved.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
What's just wrong? Letting a TSN eat an Oscar or something that I said?

How's the Doradid search coming? You would need to buy them a little bigger than the normal offering size, as they are snack-sized at the start. Those go down almost as well as Cories, from what some of the large cichlid fishkeepers tell me...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store