Breeding Cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jrondot101

AC Members
May 27, 2008
I have albino and bronze cories, they are all breeding! What is the best way to deal with the eggs so that they will hatch properly! Thanks!

blissskr

"Who's Barry Badrinath"
Jun 22, 2008
New Hampshire
I scrape the eggs off where ever there are and put them in a live bearer breeding net with some java moss, I place this in tank near water flow from the filter and near an air stone not to close though so bubbles dont get trapped under the breeder net. Usually Ill add a little methelyne blue to prevent fungusing as well. Then just wait till they hatch in a few days, dont feed the first couple days as they will absorb the yolk sac these days but after that I start with feeding them hikari first bites.

Icom

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Iowa
I scrape the eggs off where ever there are and put them in a live bearer breeding net with some java moss, I place this in tank near water flow from the filter and near an air stone not to close though so bubbles dont get trapped under the breeder net. Usually Ill add a little methelyne blue to prevent fungusing as well. Then just wait till they hatch in a few days, dont feed the first couple days as they will absorb the yolk sac these days but after that I start with feeding them hikari first bites.

I just did the same thing a few days ago with the hang on net and Java Moss..I looked in today and moved the moss around and saw a couple tiny (very tiny!!) babies scurry off. I don't have any Hikari First Bites though.Anything else I can drop in there for 'em ? a small piece of the pellets I feed the big ones,some flake or ????

oh..and I found a few more new eggs in the tank today too..

blissskr

"Who's Barry Badrinath"
Jun 22, 2008
New Hampshire
You can also use good flake or pellets just crush it to a fine powder and pinch some between your fingers and place it in the water so it sinks to the bottom, if you just sprinkle on top they wont find it takes a while before they start to come up to eat. Theyll also eat stuff of the moss as well

jrondot101

AC Members
May 27, 2008

Thanks!

jrondot101

AC Members
May 27, 2008
You can also use good flake or pellets just crush it to a fine powder and pinch some between your fingers and place it in the water so it sinks to the bottom, if you just sprinkle on top they wont find it takes a while before they start to come up to eat. Theyll also eat stuff of the moss as well
I'll try doing that, the last time I had babies I fed them First Bites, but they didn't like it!

jrondot101

AC Members
May 27, 2008
I just did the same thing a few days ago with the hang on net and Java Moss..I looked in today and moved the moss around and saw a couple tiny (very tiny!!) babies scurry off. I don't have any Hikari First Bites though.Anything else I can drop in there for 'em ? a small piece of the pellets I feed the big ones,some flake or ????

oh..and I found a few more new eggs in the tank today too..

Instead of First bites, you can crush up your pellets!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store