Breeding kribensis cichlids in a community tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
I didn't notice it at the store, but their lower fins have a blue iridescence to them.

The lfs had normal ones in a tank next to the albinos, but none of them looked paired, and I couldn't tell male from female.

All of the albino females had the purple belly :)

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
very nice im thinking of setting up a 20 gallon and getting two kribs

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
I have a pair in a 55 gallon community and they have no trouble protecting their fry. The hardest thing is getting the fry out there when they grow without destroying the tank.

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
very nice im thinking of setting up a 20 gallon and getting two kribs
Cool, I'm sure they would be great in a species tank! :)

Chill said:
I have a pair in a 55 gallon community and they have no trouble protecting their fry. The hardest thing is getting the fry out there when they grow without destroying the tank.
What do you have in your community setup Chill?

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
They will breed no worries if u feed them frozen bloodworm, if u plan on rearing the fry, remove the fry one week after they start wriggling and the parents will spawn again and again as long as remove fry, the only way to stop mine spawning is to leave the fry with the parents, but this causes problems of its own. The fry strt exploring the tank and the parents guard them all the time bashing any fish that come withing 6 inches of the fry.. Any small fish under and inch will not survive the kribs constant harrassment.. any other ? please ask..

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
we just got an order of about 15 kribs 4 of which are albino the rest are normal

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
Thank you for the info!

I wanted them to spawn in the comm. tank so that I could watch them raise the fry in a community setup. I was hoping that with the large foot print of the tank, they would have enough room to protect their fry without the other fish getting in the way.

Do you think that in a 4'x2'x2' the kribs would give my other fish a hard time?

I'm going to have boesemans rainbows, congo tetras, angelfish, clown loaches, and soon, some Synodontus flavitaeniatus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store