Bringing shrimp from Hawaii?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
For bringing them home. TSA has an exception if you have a live swimming animal in the liquid. There's a thread about it in the Coldwater forum.

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
Well "the pet shop" here in Maui did not have any freshwater shrimp but the owner did say that I could probably just get a fine mesh net and catch my own and she would bag them for me and package them. Then I could have put the box into a checked bag since I think you can have more than 3 ounces in a checked bag but I am not sure. You will have to catch your own shrimp in the mountain rivers unless you find a pet store that sells them though.

I am currently trying to get home on standby at the airport, which is a nightmare, but another problem with taking the shrimp is they dont allow you to take flowers, fruits, and other "agricultural" stuff so I am not sure what they would do about shrimp

I was unsuccessful, but good luck to anyone attempting to get a few mountain shrimp. For me it was more of if the opportunity arose I would bring them back but you will alctually have to visit the mountains with the streams the shrimp live in, which I am sure would be a pleasant hike if you are with family like I was.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store