Building a Loach tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mommytimesfour

Registered Member
Jan 29, 2013
I am trying my hand at Loaches again. I have researched in depth on these guys. I have planted my tank, Put several Khuliis in there, changed my lighting. I am getting it all set and established with that before I add Clown Loaches and Yo-Yos in there to minimize the stress to the Clowns. They have plenty of hiding spots also. Anyone have any other suggestions on this before I add the Clowns.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
What size tank?

My clown loaches are big fans of driftwood- they love hiding under it playing hide and seek and/or squeezing between it and the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
My clowns love driftwood too. They are quite big now (I grew them from babies). I can't keep plants with them. They root around them looking for food and end up digging up all the plants. I also have a yo yo loach, I've found him to be quite aggressive. He's lived with African cichlids and held his own quite well. I suspect he killed my other yo yo loach, but I don't know for sure. He's fine with the clowns, who have grown much bigger than him. I've never added kuhli's to the mix. I would worry that they are a bit small once the other loaches are grown up, but I don't know that for sure.

How big is the tank?

wren

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store