c. habrosus emergency!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
All three are alive but are laying on the bottom and looked dead until I looked closely. Earlier they were all swimming around. I just got them today. Please help! can i save them?

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Ph is 7.4-5, Ammonia .75 which is about the same as my tap water. Nitrite and nitrate are 0. What do I do?

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Need a bit more info...

Are you sure your ammonia level is .75?? How are you testing your water? What test kit are you using?
.75 is way too high.

are there other fish in the tank?

How did you acclimate them when you added them to the tank?

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
What test kit are you using? I did not think there was a color indicator for .75ppm ammonia on the API master kit, but if you are showing levels of ammonia and there is no conversion to nitrate (i.e. test readings are not showing nitrate or nitrite) then it seems like your tank is not cycled and your fish are suffering from ammonia poisoning. How did you cycle your tank or how long has it been established? I seem to remember reading a thread about you toying between the options of "fish-less" and "fish-in cycling". If you chose the latter then you better be doing daily 30% (bare minimum) water changes to keep ammonia levels down and fish alive.

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
I put in three cories with substrate from an already cycled tank. I guessed .75 because it is between .5 and 1 ppm. I am using the API master test kit. I would change water but there is chloramine in my tap water which is partially ammonium so when I change water it just adds ammonia or keeps the level the same. I acclimated them by floating the bag for 15-20 minutes, which I now realize is the wrong way to do it. I guess I could return them and wait. I will see if I can do that.

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
API water conditioner or Seachem Prime will remove chloramines at a higher dose. You need to do WC until your tank is fully cycled.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
I am using aqueon water conditioner. It says it neutralizes chloramines. I also have seachem neutral regulator. It says it removes chloramine. Do I still need one of the ones you mentioned?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store