CADE 225L

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Hi all.

Had an addition to the house recently. I received a new CADE setup from Aquascape Design, here in Aus...

Specs are:
900x500x500mm for 225L (36x20x20", 59 gal.)
10mm (3/8") Opticlear glass, rimless and braceless.
Stand is aluminium and glass, that arrived as a flat pack.
CO2 will of course be pressurised by way of CO2 Pro 1.5kg cylinder, Aquascape Design Reg and solenoid. Filtration will be by AquaOne Advance 1250 (who needs Eheim??).

Lighting will also be CADE, 6x39wT5, hanging from CADE lightstands.

Took some pics of random stages of unpacking and "I just gotta see what it looks like" trial setting up....
A pile of boxes and cartons.

I insisted on being able to at least remove part of the crate prior to signing off on the delivery. Turns out the dude was all good with that and even leant a hand.

Gas bottle, glassware, reg/solenoid, etc...

My first additions! Wait for it...
CATFISH!! And that will be the last time they are anywhere NEAR this tank!! :D

...and after a bit of hammering and sweating, one stand :)

One more piece to add...at 3ft by almost-2 by almost-2, it's actually a decent size tank...

Some random pics

And the obligatory test fit of the glassware.

So they were all taken a couple weeks ago. I still need to order filter and substrate (combo of EcoComplete and pool sand, probably) and also waiting on the light.

I have since been playing around with DW and rocks and have a few ideas already. I took some update pics today

FTS

Left

Right

3/4

The thoughts I have for plants are Narrow and Philipine Fern, Bolbitis, Blyxa, Eriocaulon sp., Glosso and Flame Moss... Fauna is looking to be H. Rasboras, Rummynose, Oto's and a couple of Farlowella's.

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Lol, I assure you this has been along time coming!! And compared to the price of ADA gear in Australia (upwards of $2.5K for a 90P tank alone!), these tanks are an absolute steal and easily equal in quality and craftsmanship. Yes, I have spent that much anyway, but that also includes the lights, gas, stand etc.

And, odin, I have a squirter bottle handy, just in case :D

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
nice tank setup really clean looking. I like your driftwood also, have you tried turning it to face toward the back so the cut off branch isn't showing? just my 2cents. I think cats like to sit in aquariums mine did the same when I took my tank home also. lol i like your stand

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Nice spotting nguyen ;) That DW arrangement is only a mock-up at this stage...although I am pretty confident that's how it will look eventually. But, as for the cut off, you may notice there is a branch sitting, loosely, atop the cut branch....once I decide where this is going, I will most likely cut the cut-off branch right back to the base and screw the other piece in place with a stainless screw. That will eventually be covered with substrate, so won't be visible...

I also have another wicked piece of DW at my sisters place, that I want to play with...just gotta go pick it up.

steffish

AC Members
Apr 18, 2006
Sweet! I'm guessing you're going topless?

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Lol, is there any other way??

Yeah, I bought the tank for the whole reason that it lacked a rim, or any form of bracing. Just looks so much cleaner.

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Hey all. Sorry been so quiet...you'll be pleased to know I have not been inactuive on this, though.

Since my last post I received my filter and substrate and went out and bought some sand. The sand is just a generic river variety, from a local raw materials supply, that I seived to remove anything over about 2mm grain size...

I then set about getting everything hooked up and tried to settle on a layout that I was happy with. In the end, it just looked too busy and OTT with everything everywhere, so I broke it down to the basics and came up with this

(as you can see, I managed to toss in a few H. Rasboras as well, to get the system going).

A pic of the plumbing

After a week of looking at it set up this way, I started to get a better idea of what I wanted, so added a few of the discarded pieces back in...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store