Call me crazy...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
plah831 said:
sumthinfishy and fishcatch22, you're both heroes in my book :) because you guys always stand up for the fishies. the villains are the ones who don't give a flying f**k about the wellbeing of their fish and are intent on doing things the wrong way, even though they've been told by a lot of folks with good intentions that what they're doing is bad for the fish.

so yes, you're both good guys, not bad guys.
Well, I care about fish but I hope I'm still one of the heels. Some of my "finer" qualities:
Tempermental
Overbearing
Obnoxious
Egotistical
Abrasive
Caustic
Intolerant
Abusive
Insulting
Tactless
Abrupt
Capricious
Aggressive
Argumentative
Vain
Sarcastic
Tenacious
Acrimonious

On the plus side I suppose is the entertainment value of seeing someone flame broil idiots. I have to try to take it easier on newbies, but I HATE people who ask for advice and then try to tell the people advising them that they are wrong. When 90% of the forum is in consensus (assuming it's not a thread full of troll posts) that you have "X" problem, you can be sure it's legitimate.

:pc:

I know I sow discord. I try to use my powers for good but evil is just so much more satisfying... I even realize that people may dismiss what is essentially good advice because they don't like my presentation or attitude, to which my response is "Your loss."

I guess I could even say I'm here for the fish, and my own satisfaction. About personal feelings and community at this point I could give a d*mn, the site is screwed anyways so might as well have fun while it lasts. I don't start threads here anymore, if I need help I go elsewhere. That should tell you what I think of AC lately and what goes on here. It's entertainment and nothing more. So I guess I'm here for the soap opera.

For answers from knowledgeable friendly people and a nice community go to http://www.aquariumboard.com. It's a growing forum with active mods that looks like it will take off extremely well and it already has a lot of great content and plans to expand into what AC should have become.

I've tried a few other sites, notably aquafacts (where I found the site owner to be a judgemental tool), and MFK (which was littered with troll posts and little kids). AC is still better than some sites I guess!

:dive2:

Ms.Bubbles

AC Members
Sep 26, 2005
plah, I see you've only been here since April. I wonder if you'll feel the same way in a few months time. Insults and juvenile postings become sooooo tiresome after a while. And eventually you may start to feel bad for the newbies who get slaughtered after asking a simple question and never come back. I enjoy wit, but name-calling is not exactly the sign of a great mind...

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
very true, Ms Bubbles. I do not have a "good ol' days of AC" point of reference. I suppose you're right, we'll see if I'm still here a year from now. But for now, as graphicdesign_r said, I'm here for the "entertainment value." :)

graphicdesign_r, I think you're one of the heroes, too, because you always do take the side of the fish. In another thread, by the way, I noted how you're one of my favorite members due to your acerbate (spelling?) tongue. You, tai95, IceH20, and sumthinfishy make my day sometimes with your sharp wits.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
UncaBret said:
fishcatch22

'baboon butt cheeks' gave me the best laugh I've had all week. Thanks!
Really, I mean it.
thanks, I try! :joke: and baboons don't actually have buttcheeks. they have hard pads on their butts called ischial callosites instead.

Last edited:

daniel364

Its not all that bad...
i agree with plah! this place is great and ive only been here about a month less than that! i have learnt so much about keeping my fishies and im sure il learn alot more but when im tired of learning for a day i just go along to genral chit-chat and theres nearly always some heated debate for entertainment! some times it is hard to ask a basic question though when your a beginner like me with fear of being a troll. :dance2:

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Daniel, its tru some of the simple questions are suspected troll posts. The best thing for you to do is avoid one liners, and use good spelling.

.oO wut shood I feed my fishz? Oo. will get a " fish food you dummy" reply

.oO hey folks, Ive got a 10 gallon tank with 6 neons and 4 corries. I am currently using tetra min flakes. I was wondering if this is a suitable diet. If so are there other things I should use to suplament it? Is there another type of staple food I should be using that would be more benificail to my fish? Any replies are greatly appreciated Oo.

This post is likely to get you a detailed analysis of tetra mins flake food, a summary of the diet your fish would eat in the wild, and thigs we have available to us to most closely replicate that diet.

Any posts dealing with water quality issues(algae/snail populations, fish disease/helth issues, or other water related issues) should contain as much info as possible. Water test results, maintenance routine, all fish in the tank, filter type, etc. Anything you can possible post that may be a help to those trying to help you. Heck, even if you dont think it's that important post it anyways. Mabey you have 2 tanks, and one has ich. There have been no new fish in there for years, but you got a new one for the other tank. Its possible your new fish had ich, it hasnt yet broke out in the other tank, but a cross contamination occured when you used the same gravel vac on both.

Ok mabey that was a bit too detailed for this particular thread, but we are here to help! We just are tired of helping people who simply want to disagree with proper fishcare.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store