can copersafe ruin the tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
i'm looking at used tank and asked the owner if any meds were used in the tank. she said she used copersafe and i was wondering if it means that the tank is not coral and invert safe. thank you

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
another possible issue is that she is not the first owner of the tank and someone had it couple of years before her

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
oh, and she only has fish so there is no way for me to tell if anything stays alive in it

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
what size is it and how much are they asking?

If its a good deal, you could always get it and clean it with bleach and what not. If that ends up being a problem you could always keep a lizard of some sort!

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
I can't afford looking at it that way because i don't keep anything else that could go in the tank. on top of that i'm trying to put two tank together that i already have with corals and shrimp. asking price is $600.00 for tank and stand 220g. 74"24"32" or something like that. there is fish in it like puffer with blind eye, butterfly of some kind, foxface and eel, which i can't keep any of them. the stand is light custom made wood but the trim of the tank doesn't match the stand. what do you think? sound kinds high i think.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
thank you. i just didn' want to be rational as far as getting this tank goes, because i would hate to kill all my stuff by a new tank and i don't know if coppersafe is the same thing as copper.

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
If the tank is glass, the copper will adhere to the silicone. If it is a plex tank, the copper will get into the scratches. Bleach will not do anything for copper as it is a heavy metal and not an organic. I have used them in the past without any problems but you have to scrub the tank out better than good, fill it up and use a copper binding solution to nuetralize the remaining copper if there is any.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Yes, there is a Cu removing solution you should use but I forget what it's called.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store