Can I add anything unique or different to my community tank? List of fish I like down below:

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PetTide_YT

AC Members
Feb 3, 2021
Hey! I have a planted 52 gallon community tank, it’s 100x40x55cm aka The Fluval Roma 200. It’s filtered by an fx4, the tank is decently planted. I do around two 40% weekly water changes. My tank stocking as of now is: 1 angelfish, 10 neon tetra, 8 cherry barbs, 5 albino corydoras, 4 Otocinculus, 1 Siamese algae eater. I had a bamboo shrimp but I haven’t seen them in a while so unless they are hiding, it doesn’t look great for them.

I actually only have 7 tetra and 4 barbs right now but I’m getting more so I put the eventually stocking in.

Some fish I like are down below, I’ve already took some time into researching them:

Rainbow shark, gourami (any tbh, especially like pearls), panda garra, peacock gudgeons

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
So, no to any gouramis IMO. The elongated ventral fins of both gouramis and angelfish can initiate an aggressive territorial response in one towards the other. I learned this the hard way years ago with an angel and a blue gourami. Doesn't happen 100% of the time but it happened enough in the few times I tried that I won't ever mix the two again. With a pearl gourami I'd be more worried about the angel initiating aggression.

The rainbow shark may get a little more aggressive than you'll want for a peaceful community tank

Other than that, the others are peaceful and will work, and of course there are all the options, pros and cons of other species that we brought up in your previous threads here Can I add 8 neon tetra, 6 cherry barbs, 3 corydoras, 2 mollies and some shrimp to play 52 gallon planted community tank? and here Can I add anything to my planted community 52 gallon tank?

One way or the other, you will need to be sure you don't overstock.

WYite

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
How about add more corys? I'd keep 2-3x as many has you have.

Like WYite suggested, in terms of a center piece type fish, your safest bet is to just keep the angel as that. I've kept angels with gourami and currently do, but it's completely hit/miss in terms of if it will work or not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store