Can I keep money plant in aquarium ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've seen Brazilian hydrocotle (aka pennywort(h)) called that I think. If that's what you mean then yes, fairly easy. But I think there's a different houseplant that's called that too but I don't know it's "real name". That 1 would not be suitable in a tank from the little I recall.

Swaroop Kandukuri

AC Members
Oct 18, 2021
I've seen Brazilian hydrocotle (aka pennywort(h)) called that I think. If that's what you mean then yes, fairly easy. But I think there's a different houseplant that's called that too but I don't know it's "real name". That 1 would not be suitable in a tank from the little I recall.
This is the plant I am taking about. Can I keep it ? In betta tub ?

Screenshot_2021-10-25-06-08-46-089_com.android.chrome.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, that to me is a pothos houseplant. It can be grown with the roots in the water & the leaves out. Some people grow it out the back of tanks for both looks & to help with tank nitrate level. But it does need "some" light from a window or raised tank lighting.

I actually was given a cutting recently but I don't know if my tanks get enough light. The roots can grow long but you can prune them to some extent.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store