can i turn my filter off overnight

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PartyAnimal1UK

just an english girl at heart
Dec 11, 2001
leicester, uk
Visit site
i have a fluval 2 in my tank and usually i have the flow up fast,and i turn the blue knob at the top that sticks outta the water i turn that down so i can't hear the water flow as the tank is in my room and this is very noisy at night.

For the past couple of nights it has been getting loud for some reason and it won't turn down as easy as it use to not sure why, but anyway coz it's so loud am i alright to unplug the fliter at night and plug it back in in the morning. and does anyone have any idea why this has happened all of sudden.

Last edited:

Orbitorly

Out in left field...
I have a 55 and 29 gal in my room, the 29 has a Penguin 170 and you know how noisy they get if the water aint high enough. Also in the 55 when the water drops it gets louds. I've gotten used to it.

I wouldnt shut off the filter overnight, it's not good for the fish, if it's to noisy I'd move it to another location. I've never had a fluval 2 so I dont know what could be the problem.

Rocketman

Detroit; proud of it.
Oct 24, 2002
Detroit, MI
Real Name
Reid
Yeah, better off finding the source of the problem and then ficing that. Wait - you guys in England, you have different power plugs than us Americans right? Ok, just kidding.

Try unplugging the filter, and emptying the water (I'm not sure how you do that with a Fluval,) and then take out the flow knob. Clean around that, and I'd clean the Immpellor on the actual filter unit too - your instruction manual will tell you how.

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
hey there,

im runnning a fluval 2 and 3 on my tank.

totally immerse the filter, so the air flow restrictor is underwater, and the noice will drop drastically,

youll still have the same throughput and water flow, just without added air pulled thru.

hth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store