Can These Fish Live Together?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-_SassyCichlid_-

AC Members
May 16, 2019
Alright. So I’m getting two 65 gallon tanks sometime in July.

One of them, at least what I plan, is going to be dedicated to my melanochromis auratus, two bumblebee cichlids, a kenyi cichlid and possibly more types of aggressive Mbunas.

Is this plan okay? I’m just concerned that these four fish will kill some of my others and I don’t want that to happen.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Tank dimensions of the 65G?

Those are some of the most aggressive Mbuna cichlids and may do best in at least a 4 foot long tank with a lot of rock work piled to the surface of the tank but even then there is no guarantee that some of them will not harass or kill off the others.

-_SassyCichlid_-

AC Members
May 16, 2019
Tank dimensions of the 65G?

Those are some of the most aggressive Mbuna cichlids and may do best in at least a 4 foot long tank with a lot of rock work piled to the surface of the tank but even then there is no guarantee that some of them will not harass or kill off the others.
I’m not entirely sure what the dimensions will be yet - I’ll try to find one matching your description.

At the time, these four fish are in a 150 gallon with many other cichlids, and I’m worried about them killing the others off. That is why I don’t want them in there anymore.
My tank consists of these fish :
- x3 yellow tailed aceis
- x1 OB red blotch zebra
- x1 melanochromis johanni
- x1 melanochromis aurutus
- x1 metriaclima lombardoi
- x1 dragon blood peacock
-x2 bumblebee cichlids
-x1 electric yellow cichlid
-x1 red zebra cichlid
-x5 peacocks
-x2 unknowns
-x1 blue dolphin cichlid

I wanted to know if they’ll be fine to remain there or if they’re best removed and put somewhere else or possibly rehomed (which will be heartbreaking, but if its necessary, I’ll do it.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store