Catch and Release or Keep

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

How many practive C&R?

• Release Everything

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Keep a few, release a few

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Keep most of my catch

Votes: 9 7.9%

• Total voters

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I release probably 98% of the fish.

i do keep an occasional trout, steelhead or salmon but not many

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I only keep baitfish and those fish I intend to eat right away. The baitfish are Menhaden (Bunker) and the only way to get them is by snagging or using a gill net. Either way is a fatal catch as there is no humane way to get them. So I don't over-do on the ones I get. I usually keep a dozen at the most. They are then turned into cut-bait for striper and bluefish.

Anything else it catch and release.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori

Schneider

AC Members
Jul 26, 2009
I selective harvest which means I only harvest when it should improve a fishery rather than harming it. For example, if you eat a few panfish from densely populated waters the remaining panfish will grow larger as a result. Still is a bad idea to keep everything you catch.

nugpuffer

AC Members
Apr 1, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I do mostly salt water fishing nowadays and will selectively keep fish based on size/species (some fish make better meals than others).

I do a fair amount of camping/surf fishing and it is great to go out in the morning and catch a bunch of pompano, flounder, and whiting to throw on the campfire for breakfast. I only keep enough to make a good meal for everyone and then release the rest to catch again for dinner.

swinneyw

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
i fish for crappy or cat fish if i catch enough to clean i keep them if i catch less than 6 or 8 i release

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store