Cause of Death of my Cory.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

n_crypted

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
This morning found one of my bronze corys dead in the corner of my tank. I have two others, one bronze another is spotted. The other fish I have in the tank are two platys and a molly. My substrate is composed of 1/16" to 1/8" diameter rounded gravel. 10 Gallon tank, 0 NH4, 0 NO2.

I thought my cory may have been pregnant because there was a bulged in it underside. The day before I notice the bulge was gone, but saw noticable red spots in its side just above where the bulge was.

After examining the carcas, there was an open wound where the bulge was.

Does anybody know what may have caused the death of my cory.?

I hope to replace it with another cory but would like to take some precautions before introducing another fish into the tank.

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
My guess is that an alien from a distant galaxy was hiding in your cory and unfortunately chose a method of exit that caused your cory's demise. Of course, I do live in Roswell where we see this sort of thing all the time.

Really, I'm sorry to hear about your cory. :( Do you have any ornaments, stones, etc. that he might have run into in the dark?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store