Centrum A to Z for plants?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
Is there any plant fert that is ok to use with ok water? some a to z for plants?

Or is it water param specific? i need to know my water b4 dosing?
I hate testing water cause im so anal if something is outta whack ill have to spend more money to correct it so its perfect.

i have tetra flora pride plant supp. but it has only 3% potash and very minimal iron and something else.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
i have no idea what to buy. K24 p56k?

but is there a bottle like centrum a-z for the avrg aquarium? little of this and that, and smaller of amounts of stuff that should be in healthy aquariums?

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
I'd suggest buying the "kit" - enough of the most popular assortment of ferts for most tanks for a year (or two). APC has the "Fertilator" applet on it. you can use it to determine appropriate amounts to add per dose, tehn, if you want, you can multiply those doses and dissolve in a set amount of RO/DI water and dose liquids... it helps if you put your NPK (everything but CSM+B, CaCl2) in one bottle and your CSM+B & CaCl2 (if used) in a different bottle.

Penfan66

Posticus Rareus
Sep 22, 2005
Sylvania, Ohio
I don't know of anything that has all macros and micros. Even if one product would, how could you balance out the nutrient level for every possible situation? Everybody has a different set up and different nutrient requirements. Typical 'Aquarium Plant Fertilizers', i.e.-Tetra Flora Pride, Red Sea Flora Gro etc. contain some macros and micros, but typically lack some nutrients. I know for a fact Flora Pride contains no Phosphorus or Nitrogen and may not contain all the micros like a Flourish would have.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
Or is it water param specific? i need to know my water b4 dosing?

See thats what i thought. Dang.

Time to invest in a water test kit.

Rex Grigg

Curmudgeon
It helps to know what your water already contains. Some water supplies in the US may already contain levels of nitrate or phosphate.

But when push comes to shove if you use the Estimative Index method of dosing and do a 50% weekly water change it's not going to make any difference at all.

uglyfido

The ugliest of fido's.
Apr 10, 2006
Port Orchard, WA
Flourish excel contains a lot of what you need, but I still add some dry ferts with my flourish to make up for what it does not contain.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
would the liq co2 be just as useless on my tanks if i dont already meet the required wpg?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store