Check my stock list! lol

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

unseenone00

AC Members
Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
Real Name
Nick
So if anyone remembers me rambling on about me fixing my 72g bowfront and making a spooky tank for my 8" blackghost knifefish--- I decided to take a new route!

I bought a 75g, and will put a 49"x19" plywood on the 72g bowfront stand so the 75 will fit. (could not find a used stand, roughly $180 for new)

I will reseal the bow front and set it up with a spare 110g HOB filter at the pool near my house that i've been part of since i was 3 (swim team, worked as lifeguard) I will catch a horde of pumpkin seed sunfish from the river which is like 150yrds from the pool and set it up (river gravel, driftwood, plants)

AND NOW HERE IS THE NEW PLAN! :clap:

240 gallon blackwater amazon river basin biotope!!!

8'x2'x2'

80% sand from river beach
20% large gravel from river beach (sand & gravel match pretty darn close to amazon's)

4x clamp lamps with 38par LED bulbs

Lots of driftwood (recently found a GREAT hardwood driftwood 5' or 6' long

Amazon plants, swords, Vals, etc.. (doing more research on the amazon waterway)

And so far this is what I have come up with to stock

-Currently have-
8" BGK
5x 5" angels

-Ideas-
teacup stingray
silver arowana
5x geophagus
5x bristlenose plecos
10-15x more angelfish

If anyone has any thoughts on the stock, let me hear it!

cryeth_the_raven

fumbling towards ecstasy
Feb 10, 2009
CT
Real Name
Trev
Sounds awesome and with 240 gallons to work with you're golden. Post pics with updates. :)

rgonzales

AC Members
Mar 30, 2012
Silver Aro will eat most of that stock that isnt bottom dwellers and outgrow a 240 and even the smaller species of rays could eat the plecos and potentially angelfish

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
***-Currently have-
8" BGK
5x 5" angels

-Ideas-
teacup stingray
silver arowana
5x geophagus
5x bristlenose plecos
10-15x more angelfish***

i would take out the stingray and arrawna ( bad spelling ) and add 1 oscar 3 severums..

unseenone00

AC Members
Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
Real Name
Nick
The arowana would be starting at a size around 7-8", and a teacup will start at about 4" diameter, and doesn't get bigger (or much bigger) then 14" and they would have a very hard time eating anything over 1.5" (they prefer live blackworms and ghost shrimp) and that is at full size

I'm not sure if I would want a royal pleco only because the largest of the plecos may decide to feed on the teacups mucus

Getting a big school of angels would be WAAAAAAAY cheaper then Discus, lol

Severums is a good idea. But how do they live socially? I know they tend to be more of semi-aggressive, but do they school? should I only do a few(2-3?) And which species of severum! lol

unseenone00

AC Members
Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
Real Name
Nick
I personally hate oscars lol

Why get rid of the ray and arowana? This tank is 16 sq feet

I mean if the arrowana reaches 28"+ (It is not actually that common to get bigger then that in aquariums) I have a number of places around me to donate him to- 3 of which I can recall right now, National Zoo, D.C. aquarium (never actually been there, only recently heard it exists lol) and the baltimore aquarium (though I for some reason I can not recall their freshwater exibits...)

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i would do 3 at most. ( 1 red shoulder or redhead * not as easily found * 1 green and 1 gold ), 1 oscar, 1 male convict, 1 salvini with the rest of your stock.. minus the stingray and awranna..

rgonzales

AC Members
Mar 30, 2012
Silver aros do commonly reach lengths of over 28 inches in tanks, also teacup ray can mean a number of different species and i wouldnt put any in a tank under 30 inches wide for life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store