Check out my Blue Ram.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

abraham

I'm not sick, but I'm not well...
Oct 17, 2005
temperance, Michigan
Emg said:
Very nice picture...and beautiful ram ! He's going to grow into a real looker.

LOVE that tank you have him in....any chance of getting a pic of the full tank ? What are those plants ?
I agree, lets see more!

Abraham

hurricanejedi

AC Members
Apr 4, 2005
Raleigh, NC
www.flowerspride.com
Kind of going on what you guys were saying about color:

Is color directly related to diet and conditions or is it related to breeding?

TrickyD119

Newb
Jan 25, 2005
Auburn, AL
very sexy fish! I've got a few youngins in my 55g right now and I'd be really happy if my male ended up looking anywhere near as nice as that one.

maverick2402

AC Members
Feb 19, 2005
Deptford,NJ
imhandy2 said:
Thanks, I feed them flake in the a.m. and frozen meat in the p.m.
I think that helps some. Plus he not full size yet.

Terry.
What kind of beef do you feed him?I mean is it home made or is it lfs bought.

Genral72

Giver of worthless imformation.
Oct 15, 2005
Pittsburgh
very cool I'm thinking about getting some. Cool plants by the way.

imhandy2

Plumber Boy.
Oct 16, 2005
Toronto, Canada.
reziztor said:
How did you take that picture? I am retarded with trying to capture pics of my fish! What camera and what tricks do you use? Thanks for any help.
My digital Kodak (6.1mp) has a close-up/landscape button on the top. An icon of a flower for close-up/an icon of a mountain for the landscape appear on the top of my screen. I took that shot with the camera set on close-up, automatic, the mp set to 1.7mp and patience. I probably took around 10 shots or so before I got the one I wanted and was happy with. Now I didn't need to set it to 1.7mp because when I upload them to photobucket they resize them automatically. Other then that, I didn't use a tripod, didn't zoom in I just moved the camera close to the glass because that gave me the best focus.
If you need more help I will help as best as I can.

Thanks,

Terry.

imhandy2

Plumber Boy.
Oct 16, 2005
Toronto, Canada.
Emg said:
Very nice picture...and beautiful ram ! He's going to grow into a real looker.

LOVE that tank you have him in....any chance of getting a pic of the full tank ? What are those plants ?

That is cuba, Tropica # 048b that is growing on the rock. It has only been about 3 weeks or so, If you look closely you can see the clear thread holding it to the rock, it is comming in nicely. Just in front of that with the long dark green long leafs is Ranunculus limosella(022d) and to the left of the pic with the small round leaves is micranthemum(#048).
Thanks for the interest.

imhandy2

Plumber Boy.
Oct 16, 2005
Toronto, Canada.
hurricanejedi said:
Kind of going on what you guys were saying about color:

Is color directly related to diet and conditions or is it related to breeding?
Yes I totally agree with Hurricane, I wish he had more red on his nose area but I an hopping that will come in. I was recently at Big Al's(LFS) and they had 3 fully grown males a good 2 to 2.5". I guess someone had traded them in but oh man the colours was just incredible. My heart was pounding, they were such a rare find. I regret not getting them, they probably would have sold for $20 to $30 each.

But Yes I have 2 males and 1 female. At first the 2 males were after each other but eventually their testosterone cooled down.

Thanks,

Terry.

imhandy2

Plumber Boy.
Oct 16, 2005
Toronto, Canada.
maverick2402 said:
What kind of beef do you feed him?I mean is it home made or is it lfs bought.
I feed them brine shrimp, blood worms and plankton, all of which is frozen from the LFS. I don't like to eat the same food everyday myself so that's why I try to mix it up a bit for my fish as well. I want to soon eliminate the flake and make my own vegi supplament, brocolli, carrots, peas etc... but it is only in the thought stage right now.

Thanks again,

Terry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store