Check out this cold marine reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kingwintergreen

AC Members
Nov 20, 2007
Actually, shipping shouldn't be a problem if one condition is met-- that the livestock you sell and ship is tank-raised. Let me know if you would ever consider sale or trade of some of your captive-raised stuff...

coldmarine007

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
New Zealand,(South Island).
Finding books on the subject is real hard....haven't found any down here....basically,it's the same as for a tropical tank although I find it easier,having had tropical marines for years....just use the same rules,good filtration/skimming/water movement etc and a reliable,over spec chiller.I have found some stuff on the net with some laborious searching!

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
coldmarine007: what chiller do you use to get those temps?

coldmarine007

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
New Zealand,(South Island).
Lighting is a 10K daylight tube,and 3x actinic tubes.Daylight tube on for about 6 hours,the actinics for 10 hours.They are suspended a couple of feet above the tank,so give off very little heat.There are 2x 6045's,plus a couple of large eheims hidden in two back corners.....lots of water movement.The filtration is the same as I had on my last tropical marine,fish-only tank....3x eheim wet/dry canisters filled with eheim granules,plus a 35watt uv filter.I have virtually no algae....as soon as it grows,the snails and catseyes eat it,and the hermits clean up the leftovers! Hope this is of help....keep the questions coming,as I'm pleased to help anybody with any info they require.

corinna

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
rome,italy
Hi coldmarine,
Where did you find your useful links? Have the same problem getting info for my cold (mediiterranean) tank. We have a goodish forum here in italy, but its only got 250 members and im afraid its all in italian. I have to busk most issues and just rely on keeping mess down and flow up. The effect of a cold tank is stunnig tho, the colours can be very tropical looking. My electric bill is huge tho, with the chiller going 24/7.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Love the pink and whites; the colors are stunning!

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
Alright, but aren't you FREEZING snorkeling in that temperature? And don't your little hands get soooo cold placing rocks and cleaning?? I'm thinking that is about 60 degrees Fahrenheit and that is chilly!

kingwintergreen

AC Members
Nov 20, 2007
Alright, but aren't you FREEZING snorkeling in that temperature? And don't your little hands get soooo cold placing rocks and cleaning?? I'm thinking that is about 60 degrees Fahrenheit and that is chilly!
I've maintained temps in the lower 50's in some of my tanks, and I can say (at least after the first couple of seconds, anyway) that working in the cool water actually feels pretty good. Invigorating perhaps..?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store