Chemi-Pure caused Cloudy water - Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aheminway

AC Members
Dec 29, 2007
I have an established planted amazon 29 gal that I have been using activated carbon to filter for 3 years now and have never lost a fish. I maintain all my aquariums with great care, so this problem vexes me. I switched to Chemi-Pure yesterday and removed the activated carbon filter media. Within minutes the tank was cloudy. I waited 24 hours to see if the problem cleared, and it has not. The fish seem a little stressed, but none have died. Has anyone ever heard of Chemi-pure turning water cloudy? If so, what would be your recommendations? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
Aaron

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I've never had chemi-pure cloud a tank, so I would backtrack and see if the tank clears. Remove the chemi-pure and replace with carbon media.

What did you do prior to adding the chemi-pure? How did you prepare it?

aheminway

AC Members
Dec 29, 2007
I prepared the Chemi pure according to the directions, and did not use any other additives at the time. I have used chemi-pure in my 55 gallon and the 125 with great results, which is why this situation confused me. I removed the chemi -pure for 24 hours and added some Amquel plus( another great product), and just replaced the chemi-pure today. So far the cloudiness has not returned. thank you for everyones help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store