Cherry Shrimp with cheap shipping!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
As long as you feed your Angelfish, I'd say none! Especially since I have been sending out bigger (mature) shrimp. Many people (myself included) ship young shrimp since they handle shipping and acclimating better, or so it is written. I have recently been sending out larger shrimp without problems (other than the freak high temps and slow delivery :) ).
Same price, bigger shrimp, and still guaranteed live arrival :)

Bill

beviking

Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Hello Primetime, check page 3 of this post...already covered. Same rate, but not until the weather warms.

syntax357

AC Members
Feb 18, 2006
hey beviking if you still have anymore shrimp let me know the price. And how many do you recomend for a 55gal tank

beviking

Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Yes I have shrimp available. Price is still as per page 1. I don't do recommendations per se. It's all a question of how often you want to see the shrimp and how patient you are. Some people get them strictly for algae control and are looking for 4-5 per gallon. If you have that much algae, I suggest alternate ways of controlling it. Not that the shrimp won't help, but neglecting aquarium maintenance isn't healthy for any inhabitants. Plus, the shrimp will show better color in a better environment.
Anyway, if you have a 55gal with lots of hiding places and fast fish, you won't see 6 shrimp very often. A few months down the road after they have bred and you have babies half grown, you'll see them more. More time, more shrimp, more sightings. If your fish are community fish and do not bother the shrimp, you'll see them out and about. Just remember, this is a shrimp that doesn't quite get 1 inch long when full grown. Alternately, you can buy a dozen or two and will see them more often.

If you click on my screen name to the left, you can click to send me a private message :)

Thanks for your interest!

Bill

gagaliya

GNOME POWER!
Nov 20, 2005
NJ
www.happyreward.com
just want to post another positive experience for beviking and his shrimps. They all arrived professionally packaged and alive/healthy. The shrimps are doing well in my q tank for about a week now. Hassle free transaction:)

With the low prices he's asking for, there is no reason to get it from anywhere else. And more importantly you will be getting healthy shrimp directly from a breeder's tank as oppose to some commercial shop with stressed/half dead shrimps shipped from god knows where.

on an unrelated note, my doorman thought this was some kind of prank when he got the box that said "live shrimp" on it. I am now famous in my apartment building, forever known as the guy that got live shrimp from usps lol.

gaga

Last edited:

syntax357

AC Members
Feb 18, 2006
My tank is cleaned once sometimes twice a week. I am interested in shrimp because I think they are interesting to watch. The tank does have community fish and they dont even bother each other

CAB007

Registered Member
Apr 2, 2006
wowwowwow

Sounds cool, I love aquatic live and nature, so they bread and you can get more and more and more I defintly want a enough to start breeding them on my own, how many would you say is good start 12-16 sound like a good amount for breeding. Also email me at CAB007@shsu.edu about this, I live in a apartment so I dont know how the shiping could go down but I have a 30 gallon tank i would love to put them in Please contact me VIA email.

LOL man you must be banking of these strimp. congraulations, see if its good product people will come! Also I was wondering what area you lived in, it would not happen to be texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store