christmas gecko

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
i might eventually get one, but i think ill start with the less flighty leopard gecko first. my bearded dragon really got me into reptiles.
In my experience these guys are even more laid back than leopards geckos if you can believe that and they're easier to take care of.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
but theyre more expensive to get everything.
Not really. They don't need a bunch of heat lamps/under tank heaters. They're pretty happy at room temperature so they're great with the electric bill. The only additional lighting that would be required is if you want to keep live plants with them which I do with my adults.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Not really. They don't need a bunch of heat lamps/under tank heaters. They're pretty happy at room temperature so they're great with the electric bill. The only additional lighting that would be required is if you want to keep live plants with them which I do with my adults.
but they cost alot themselves. they cost like 70 dollars here and i can get a leopard gecko totally setup for the same or less.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
In my experience these guys are even more laid back than leopards geckos if you can believe that and they're easier to take care of.
i find it more depends on the gecko one of my females is competently insane and really don't not like to be seen or handled but my male is in general really really chill along with my other two females who may not be as chill but still easily handleable, i.e. you can tell when thay are going to jump.

but they cost alot themselves. they cost like 70 dollars here and i can get a leopard gecko totally setup for the same or less.

really man, that is cheap for a complete set up for a leo, and for just a run of the mill crestie shouldn't be more than $50-60 even at chain stores.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store