Cichlid Stocking Suggestions, 75gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Featherfin

Student
May 2, 2007
Savannah, GA
I have a very small, very young featherfin catfish in my 20gal right now. Obviously, I had to upgrade.

I'm going to make a cichlid tank to put him him since he's from the White Nile and Chad River basin...any ideas of what to put in there, or how I should set up the biotope?

FF:read:

Daudzegier

Tropical Aquascaper
Dec 31, 2006
Knoxville, TN
expensive, beautiful, and worth the 25 bucks because they have such a terrific personality. Demasoni cichlids. If I were to go back and do it all over again, my lake malawi tank would stricktly be a species tank. I love them and cant get enough of them. for about $125 you could stock that tank up preaty nice. They only get to be about 4 inches long. Keep in mind that they need a footprint of about 18 inches square, and be sure to aquascape the tank so that Line of Sight is blocked from predsigned territory to territory.

Daudzegier

Tropical Aquascaper
Dec 31, 2006
Knoxville, TN
er....... i just fully read your post.... scratch the demasoni idea.

White nile is clear water with little vegetation. light colored sandstone and marble is what you should use to keep your water hardness up, and to aquascape with. Sparsley place three plants or so, small puny ones just big enough to break up the monotony of the rock.

As for fish - anything from lake victoria..... I think. I beleive that is where the white nile comes from..... double check that. lol... but ya i think all fish from lake victoria will co exsist with your feathercat.

Featherfin

Student
May 2, 2007
Savannah, GA
i have a map of africa :D

the white nile feeds into Lake Victoria

thank you so much for your advice

i have only lace rock, though...and lots of it. it needs to be used

Featherfin

Student
May 2, 2007
Savannah, GA
actually, ill go to the local fish store and trade the lace rock out for sandstone and marble because i think the lace rock will be too harsh on the feathercat's scaleless body.

yes, both the book i have and the internet do to categorize lake victoria and riverine cichlids together

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store