cichlids?Less agresssive ones...HELP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trouble3299

AC Members
Jul 16, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
Someone give me the namebrands of best salts to use in with texas <convict>cichlids? Im debating not sure what to buy.Have one really mean fish though.Im considering different breed.What is the less aggressive cichlid???

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
oscars arn't mean some ppl think they are but acually oscars just eat alot. And alot of african cichlids are not mean so good luck

trouble3299

AC Members
Jul 16, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
HEllo

Well i call him mean because there arent any fish with fins left in my tank!! even his mate.Lets call him obsessive compulsive..lol just joling with ya..Oscars have a huge appetite.Used to have 1.And i think its called the circle of life..right

trouble3299

AC Members
Jul 16, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
NO!

Really and truly ,,,I thought i was supposed to with marine??Dooo tell me more..I am always up for learning more...Thanks Maybe why im having problems!! TY

trouble3299

AC Members
Jul 16, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
Now i am confused,,

But i will take any good advice given,Especially beings i am not getting any fry!lol.I know i was doing something wrong.Really i did,,But I was told by a friend who i will now call chief wrong advise,,said to use salt it calmed them and helped their health..SOOO I followed direction...What i have is a Texas Cichlid..And 1 is small 1 is huge..And he tried to make bubble nest but couldnt.So really tell me what you suggest.I will admit to my fault and take good advice!!TELL ME WHAT YA KNOW

chevyII

AC Members
Jun 10, 2003
Seattle
Visit site

Aquatick

AC Members
Jul 21, 2004
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
You can use a bit of salt... Just make sure it has no iodine in it like table salt. I have seen a product called "Cichlid Salt" in the stores so you should be able to find some of that. The fish you claim to have do not make bubble nests so whatever he/she was doing was something else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store