City Water and RCS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Is my city's water something to worry about? The copper seems high to me, but what do I know?

I'm getting my starter colony of RCS next week and I need to know if the tap water would kill them and if I should go with another water source.

UlcOq.png

UlcOq.png

tomany

AC Members
Nov 23, 2009
Hartford, Al
My city water report for Copper are the same as yours. I have been keeping RCS for over a year with no problems.

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Interesting. I've heard it's way too high for shrimp.

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Some water conditioners take care of heavy metals. I know Prime does.

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
I've heard good thing about prime for this issue.

tomany

AC Members
Nov 23, 2009
Hartford, Al
I use AquaSafe Plus. The bottle label reads; Subtances in tap water (like chlorine, chloramins and heavy metals) that are dangerous to fish, are removed or neutralized.

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
pH is 7.2, tank is cycled, and shrimp arrive tomorrow.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
When you see what is in the water it makes you think twice about drinking it or putting your fish in it.

nitrogen15

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
Saskatchewan, Canada
When you see what is in the water it makes you think twice about drinking it or putting your fish in it.
Factory discharge and herbicides :crazy: Certainly better than water quality in the middle ages, but I only drink it because I have to.

Sarr, the main concern would be if you had copper pipes in your house. The treatment plant copper levels are fine.

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Yes I'm using filtered water now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store