Clarifiers in planted tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

garryp

AC Members
Dec 29, 2011
Do aquarium clarify additives remove macro ferts and micro minerals that are used in planted tanks? There are so many types, with godly claims, but no mention of effects on ferts, i.e. no information from the mfg.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Not sure about the chemical stuff never use it, I'd suggest using Purigen keeps my water polished crystal clear and has no effect on anything your dosing the tank with.

garryp

AC Members
Dec 29, 2011
I am using about 10 drops of of Acurelf in 75 gallon tank mornings because I "think" I can see a slight haze in the water, but may just be that my eyes haven't cleared from the nightmares. Normal dose for 75 gallon is stated as 2 drops/gallon = 150 drops = several ml.

I think I have a couple of bags of Purigen to try if I can reorganize my filters.

Info on Acurelf?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
What size is the tank and what filtration?

Acurel F says its safe for plants, I'd probably try to avoid using it for a couple days after doing any liquid fert dosing though just to be safe.

If your purigen bags are used they maybe no good not suppose to let it dry out once you start using it.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
most clarifyers are flocculants and should not have any effect on dissolved minerals or other fertilizers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store