FS Class N Endlers - Male, Female, and fry! Shipping from NYC, 10468

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
Hi folks.

I have for sale today some Class N Endlers. I purchased these Endlers from members here, in AC, about 2-3 years back. Since then, I've selectively bred a strain that seems to have a white top fin, which I've never seen anywhere else before. Here's a video I made of one of the large females giving birth to a fry. Hope you can see some of the males swimming around in there and catch a glimpse of the top fin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ky3ZI8F-bM&feature=plcp

These fish are healthy, and upon request, I can get you almost any information you need on them in my tank.

Prices are as follows. Local pickup is available, as also shipping to anywhere in the 48 states. Shipping will be $8 priority.

$1.5 each juvie/fry
$2 each adult male.
$3 each adult female.

If you wish for a trio, they are $15 shipped.

I do have DOA replacement guarantee, but shipping will not be covered. Replacement of fish will be sent minus shipping costs.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for watching!

Shawn

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
I have for sale today some Class N Endlers.

I've selectively bred a strain that seems to have a white top fin
If you have selectively bred them, then you don't have Class N endlers.

They are no longer pure and cannot be sold as Class N's anymore.

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Class N simply means that they have not been mixed with anything that can't be traced back to the wild. You can still selectively breed within your group. Otherwise, NOBODY would have class N endlers, unless of course they never removed a single fish from their stock (because that'd be the same concept as selectively breeding them). You can mix class N with class N and still have class N as a result, even if you pick certain ones that you like better than others and remove the ones you don't want...

(Class N): Any Endler's Livebearer (and
progeny) that can be shown to have originated from their native waters in
Venezuela will be considered a 'Class N' Endler.

Last edited:

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
well OK. I stand corrected :)

I thought the class N stood for the color markings.... original color markings and features... because they can't be found in the wild any more (supposedly) I thought that it meant no changes to the original.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
Class N simply means that they have not been mixed with anything that can't be traced back to the wild.
But curious.... how can that possibly be trusted if the endlers don't look like the original ones from the wild?

So someone can selectively breed an entirely different looking fish (I'm not referencing these here) and call it Class N endlers.... what's the point in calling them Class N knowing it's impossible to know if they are pure?

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
In order to register them as class N, they have to be proven. Basically, if you want to register as class N, your stock has to come from another registered breeder of Class N endlers. It's not difficult to do, and certainly isn't sure-fire, but it helps to cut down on random endlers being called class N. What he has are black bar endlers. They are supposed to have a baby/powder blue in the dorsal fin, but looks like his have been bred to have it go all the way up the dorsal, instead of just a small patch. If he could prove the lineage and trace them back to wild stock, he'd have Class N black bar endlers. His just have the fancy dorsal. Some have more green in them, some have more black in them, etc. Anyways, here's a link that shows kind of what the whole class N deal is about...

http://www.endlers-usa.com/viewtopic.php?t=72

Speaking of which, I should probably have my name removed, since I don't have any tanks running right now, lol. That, or maybe use that as an excuse to get more endlers... Lol.

Oh, as far as trusting that they're from the wild, well, it's simple evolution. You can have one line of endlers and breed them for several generations and still get an odd-ball pop out. The ones I was breeding had a LOT of neon green in them, almost to the exclusion of the orange and black, but they had come from class N registered stock. It just kind of happens. Just like unregistered stock, if you get a random fish pop out that you like, grab some females and pull that male and let him breed them, then use the female fry to breed back to him or keep them in another tank and see if the progeny can produce more fry with the characteristic that you like (in my case, the neon green, in this case, the blue that extends past the usual patch of blue). You can even see that his stock has some variety in it. Some have more black in them than others. Just a variation that happens.

Last edited:

afishpond

AC Members
Dec 4, 2009
bettacreek is right on the class n is just to show came from the wild at one point.I have 4 lines of them .I would add that they are just like breeding guppy's you will fine some look right and other have been changed by the breeder and what he likes or dislikes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store