Cleaner Shrimp Compatability?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
What can be kept with a cleaner shrimp? I opted for it instead of a peppermint shrimp(found out it might be a zoa eater, and couldn't risk it.), and would like some advice from people with actual experience. Can I add another or some other kind of shrimp, several other kinds? What's the deal? I read somewhere that some shrimp can only be kept singly, not to mix some kinds of shrimp, and so on. I did do some research, but would like some advice from you guys, since I've gotten such great advice in the past. Thanks!

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Depending on your tank size, you could get multiple cleaner shrimp. I kept 3 in my 90g, and they all hung out together and basically set up a service station that my fish would visit for regular cleanings. It was pretty interesting to watch.

I've kept 3 cleaner shrimp with up to 5 peppermint shrimp, again in a 90g. Not sure how well they'd get along in smaller tanks.

I haven't tried to keep any other shrimp with them, so I can't say if they play nice with others such as coral banded shrimp or sexy shrimp.

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Thanks. My tank is a 75gallon. I hope to get something other than another cleaner or at least, this species. Good info. If I have no other choice, having another couple of cleaners would be cool, though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store