Cleaning an AquaClear filter siphon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chickadee

Snail addict
Dec 26, 2010
Traverse City, MI
The siphon has a U-curve that I don't believes comes apart. I have a lot of brown gunk in there from when the mopani leached and I can't get it out. I've reamed paper towel into one end and worked it through the other, but that takes way more time than I care to spend. It seems there should be a bendy brush made for this. I've looked in Petsmart and online but haven't found anything. Ideas?

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
How about soaking it in a solution of bleach and water?

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
How about using a brush thats long a bendy like is on something that resembles a spring. Check the local hardware stores in the plumbing section.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I have a bendy coil brush doesn't work on the u tube due to the way it closes up at the bendy area. Soaking and fishing paper towels through is about the only way I've found to cleanem.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
There are flexible brushes on soft pulls for canister hoses...feed the line through it, then when it comes out the other end you grab it and pull the small brush through.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store