Cleaning & Reusing Floss Cartridges

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
When I had those cartridges, I reused and cleaned them the same way as you without any issues Now I replace the cartridge and use bio rings and sponges which IMO works much better
Thank you; I have toyed with the idea of changing them for something more DIY with foam and rings and such. As it stands, I keep a chunk of Fluval foam and little sack of BioMax in the intake chamber of the Aqueon as an added spot for BB growth and to possibly catch some extra solid debris.

Reactions: FishAddict74

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Thank you; I have toyed with the idea of changing them for something more DIY with foam and rings and such. As it stands, I keep a chunk of Fluval foam and little sack of BioMax in the intake chamber of the Aqueon as an added spot for BB growth and to possibly catch some extra solid debris.
No problem
I did the DIY thing with bio wheel 350s. I use the white sponge for an ac70, or the black sponge from a fluval 306 and both almost fit perfectly. But if your parameters are good, there really isn’t a need to change anything. You should be able to reuse the cartridges for a long time, at least until the floss starts to fall apart lol, but that’s when I would change to the rings and sponge.

Reactions: Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
No problem
I did the DIY thing with bio wheel 350s. I use the white sponge for an ac70, or the black sponge from a fluval 306 and both almost fit perfectly. But if your parameters are good, there really isn’t a need to change anything. You should be able to reuse the cartridges for a long time, at least until the floss starts to fall apart lol, but that’s when I would change to the rings and sponge.
Thanks, once more; indeed, the two goldfish we're raising have been growing, thriving and seem overall happy ever since we started the tank -- and they were our starter fish introduced with a treatment of Seachem Stability!

So everything seems okay and the water is always clean; I will keep an eye on if the cartridges fall apart and then I'll either change to other media or introduce new carts (one at a time).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store