Cleveland, OH -- Kribs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishdummy

AC Members
Jun 1, 2003
Visit site
Is there anyone here who lives near Cleveland, OH that would be interested in trading or taking a krib? The 2 I bought turns out are definately both male, the lfs guy still insists they are a pair, but it's clear that they are both male after doing alot of research on the sexing of kribs. So I would like to either trade 1 male or just give one away since the lfs won't take a return or exchange, since I've had them for more than 36 hours. Mine appear to be young, they aren't as colorful yet as the others I have seen in a different lfs, and they are not as big, I would say mine are about 2.5 inches tops. So please reply here if you would be willing to trade me, or if you just wanna take one off my hands. I really don't think I could have 2 pairs in a 38 gallon with 6 neon's and a bristlenose. Unless I am wrong, because I would love to grab 2 females and pop em in. I just think it'd be way overstocked. Any opinions on that?

Thanks,
AP

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I'm worrying I have 2 males, too, but I'm in Kansas City which is just a bit too far away. My large krib is definitely male, but the smaller one has traits I've read of from both males and females (rounded dorsal and tail fins, but color going nearly to the end of the dorsal fin and absolutely no red/purple on the belly).

I'm just going to wait a month or two more and see if time helps here (the alleged female is 1/2 the size of the male).

Eric

nolemite

AC Members
May 27, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
If the people working at your LFS can't sex kribs, you should start shopping somewhere else for fish.

Two pairs in a 38 is doable I think, and it doesn't seem like overstocking to me. I would make sure there are lots of places for the other pair to hide in the event one pair decides to spawn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store