cloudy water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mainer

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
Hey Guys, i think i might have gone into a mini cycle again. I have a new filter on my tank which was run with the previous filter for 2 weeks. It is a AC 30 HOB, and i have 2 sponges in it with the bio max stuff on the top. After cleaning my tank this weekend i have seen a lot of particles in the water. It doesnt appear that the filter is doing as good of a job alone that my whisper 10 used to do. I cant tell if its a mini cycle and i need to just ride it out, or if this filter is in fact not catching as much stuff. Does anyone have any advice with these filters?? I was thinking maybe filter floss would help catch the really small stuff floating in the water. The fish appear to be fine, although i havent checked my water yet i plan on doing that tonight. I did a water change last night but i looks basically like it did before. Also is there any harm in changing substrate if i am in fact in a mini cycle again?? Thanks for the input guys!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store