Clown Fish Hatching

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dendrochirus

AC Members
Mar 24, 2009
This is really friggen cool. For the first time in the 5 years I've had clowns breeding, I'm watching them HATCH RIGHT NOW ... God I wish I had a good Macro lens

**Goes to see about getting pics**

Just wondering if anyone else has been able to see their clowns/ any other marines hatch.

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
I've seen it too finally after 5 yrs. Unfortunately, my female died the next day. All I can figure is that she must have been egg-bound :(

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Sorry to hear about your female. In any case, it is wonderful to see the little ones hatch. They look so distorted with their big eyes and such.

buttered loins

GO SPRINGBOKS!!!!
Jul 9, 2007
Wollongong, Sydney, Australia
my clownfish have breed now for the 6th time in 2.5 months and i am hoping to get a greater survival rate. u dont have to feed they baby brine shrimp immedaietly they normally hatch at night and i feed them the next morning and i feed them rofiters. only when they are older do i feed them bbs.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len

Dendrochirus

AC Members
Mar 24, 2009
So .. no pics ... I'm going to buy a Waterproof lens today so I can take some top down hehe, at rough count there's way too many. 150+ (Used a group counting method we used at the LFS for stock lists) Parents both seem fine and happy. However I did have to remove a Dragonet that was trying to eat them SO in the 180 he goes. They seem to be eating ok this time. (lost my entire last clutch dueto not eating)

However... I have now removed 7 babies from my Refuge, Any ideas on keeping them out of there thats NOT a sponge on the intake? would cheese cloth work?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
my clownfish have breed now for the 6th time in 2.5 months and i am hoping to get a greater survival rate. u dont have to feed they baby brine shrimp immedaietly they normally hatch at night and i feed them the next morning and i feed them rofiters. only when they are older do i feed them bbs.
no. You are correct. They can't eat bbs when they are that small. The more feedings and the sooner the better. They do still have a little bit of yolk left so they don't need to be fed imediatley. But the sooner the better.

dendro: probably your best choices would be to collect the eggs AS they hatch or even before. You can agitate the water around the eggs with a bubble disk. Just make sure no air sticks to the eggs. As far as getting caught down there, that is probably the best place in your tank for them to be, as there would be the largest possibility of food and nothing to eat them.

Debra Mark

Wench Boots!
Sep 29, 2004
Canada
Real Name
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.....
We've had our clowns for about 2-3 years, and all of a sudden they do nothing BUT spawn...9 times in about 3 months, but we've been unable to save any of the babies, and of course their favorite place to lay the eggs is on the biggest rock in the tank, so no chance of removing it/them.

Good luck with your hatch!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store