clown loach vs ramshorn snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
my clown loaches are not eating the larger ramshorn snails, is this because they can't or because they won't? I also feed shrimp pellets and Ken's premium flake food. What should I feed specifically for the loaches?

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
They are eating the little ones because they are not quite so crunchy. Give them time and they will eat them. Trust me. Or you can pack up the snails and send them to me. :)

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Don't send them to her I heard she eats them on salads raw .... Me on the other hand I use a little butter and garlic in a light wine sauce.:silly:

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Good for you soon you will have the snail shell syndrome that some of us do ... No cure, 1,000's of snails, and always looking for more .... :drool:

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
ok back to topic

the loaches wont eat them because there is much easier food

the food that you feed them

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
that makes sense, I have to feed the cories and the serpae tetras lol. I have nothing but empty snail shells in one of my 29's it's being upgraded to a 75 and yes I catch all the snails I can and move them with the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store