clown loaches and barbs together?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shagmaster

LOACH CRAZY
Oct 31, 2006
Los Angeles
IME, tiger barbs and clown loaches are exelent together. Unless you get a group of hoodlum barbs.:devil:

Ave

AC Members
Jan 29, 2007
I am planning to take tiger barbs. I've never heard of hoodlum barbs?

What you exactly mean by rainbows? Do you mean bosemany rainbow? Can I introduce tbarbs first and then raibows?

Ave

AC Members
Jan 29, 2007
Now, more than 2 months later I'm happy to say that it has worked out perfectly. I have 15 tiger barbs and 7 clown loaches and they sometimes school together. But my barbs never-ever touch the loaches. They hardly ever fight with each other. I have bought 6 gouramies too lately. The "violent" barbs don't notice them.

I have learned that if your tank is big and the group of tiger barbs is big, too, they don't notice other fich at all!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Good deal!

Aaron89

AC Members
Dec 2, 2006
England
:rolleyes:

Ave, sometimes you have to try things out for yourself. Tiger barbs are known to be nasty if not in a decent sized school. What I've read is 8min, but, that's something you have to try and see how many it takes for your tiger barbs to not be aggressive.

What's the footprint on a 125? Should be big enough for a looong time, but you may need to upgrade later. Keep in mind, captive clowns rarely meet their adult size of 12"... my guess is because we can't effectively replicate the fast flowing streams they come from, so captive clowns get fat rather than slender.

HTH somewhat
I like you.

People say dont put A with B or X with Y but i have and for me its been fine.

Lets say i have a pearl gourami with 4 tiger barbs, 3 clown loaches, 2 kribs, odessa barb, african black knife fish and other fish together and i find my black red finned shark harasses the tiger barbs the most. The kribs have killed more fish than the tiger barbs and nothing is afraid of the tiger barbs.

But rememeber what you read on forums may be false for you

jonnyfry

safety first!
Mar 20, 2007
macon , ga
i have 6 tiger barbs with 2 gold gouramis a raphael catfish in a 55 and if anything the gouramis bully the barbs , especially at feeding time . love my barbs , great fun . i would put clowns in mine if it were big enough .

enjoy your tank , sounds great

love to see some pix!!

Ave

AC Members
Jan 29, 2007
ˇhere are somepics of my barbs!
I will post clowns later, they are harder to catch :)

barbused veebruaris.jpg Barbus 010307(1).jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store