Clown loaches and cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
Good idea? Or no. I have a 125, and when I start to stock it I think I would like some clown loaches also maybe?

What about some schooling type fish that work with cichlids?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
depends on the cichlids but giant danios work well with some of the milder ones. i keep half a dozen with my JD with no problems. ice seen people keep clown loaches with them as well but dont have any personal experience with his.

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I've kept clown loaches with various cichlids. They've done well with severums, angels, convicts and a mixed group of mbuna. I've had the loaches for ages, but have changed around their tankmates over the years. You might get some friction between breeding cichlids (ones that lay their eggs on an object in the tank then guard the fry). The loaches will eat the eggs and fry if they get the chance.

wren

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
Good idea? Or no. I have a 125, and when I start to stock it I think I would like some clown loaches also maybe?

What about some schooling type fish that work with cichlids?

Silver Dollars work well. I've seen some youtube videos that have clown loaches and cichlids together, just remember they like to be in small groups.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Clowns do well if you have them in at least a group of 4 with regard to cichlids. Also, the loaches need to be bigger than the cichlids from the start, this is a usual must.

Brian Anderson

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ohio
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Brian Anderson
Haha sucka. Have fun paying for loaches that are bigger than your cichlids Dave ;) I told you how much my 6" cost me.

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
For some reason. I am prepared to pay a lot for what I want in my tank lol.

And I need to get the loaches soon. Because all my cichlids are mostly only 1.5 - 2 inches right now. So it shouldn't be too bad to find a couple 3-4 inch loaches. Even if I have to get some from someone online.

Anyone know a good place?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store