Clownfish Infection =(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

woohoo7676

AC Members
Jun 4, 2009
I noticed today that one of my clownfish seems to have some sort of infection/parasite attached to him. I looked online to try and figure out what it was, but there seem to be a couple different diseases with similar symptoms.

At this point he doesnt appear to be acting too differently/not eating, but I'd like to treat it before it gets worse.

Any ideas as to what it might be and the best way to go about treating it?

Thanks,
Tommy

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Just judging by the appearance, it looks like Lymphocystis, which is a viral infection. There isn't much you can do about it, but it is mostly manifested when conditions start to become poor. Essentially, the fish always has it, but it never visibly shows until environmental conditions stress the fish in some way.

Can you provide water parameters, like SG, temp, pH, nitrogenous compounds, etc.

woohoo7676

AC Members
Jun 4, 2009
Just did a batch of tests, here's the results:

Salinity: 1.022
Temp: 80 F
pH: 8.4
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 0 ppm

I have just added a Coral Beauty Angelfish which chases the clowns around occasionally, and also two skunk cleaner shrimp, if that makes a difference?

Thanks for the help =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store