Cold Water Marine Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kharwood1000

Registered Member
Nov 6, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
Is there anyone out there who is running a cold water marine tank. It's very difficult to find info online or other users in a forum that have experience with cold water marine tanks.

I have a few questions about the use of a sump and problems with condensation.

thanks

kharwood1000

Registered Member
Nov 6, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
More specifically, how much condensation should I expect from my 90 gallon tank, enough to ruin the wood stand?

How can I insulate the tank while not obstructing the view?

Can I use a sump or should I move to a canister filter?

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
It depends on how cold you want it. If you're just thinking like 65 degrees, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but a piece of foam may work (other opinions here?). Do you already have the chiller? There isn't too much that would work at the normal 72 degree house temp. level. It's either tropical or below 70. There, obviously, are plenty things you can do, but they are much harder to come by. Catalina gobies are by far the easiest to come by, and are very pretty as well. I'd try e-mailing one of the smaller online dealers to see if they can special order anything for you. Try www.justphish.com He's good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store