Coldwater community tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

*TJ

AC Members
Oct 14, 2004
ON, Canada
www.backyardpuddle.ca
I think you should all save your finger typing energy... RTW obviously believes he knows what is best and the advice and cautions offered to him here were made in vain - not worth the time spent to type... I wish to thank him for wasting my time - maybe you all should do the same ;)

TJ out - peace :)

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
I think you should all save your finger typing energy... RTW obviously believes he knows what is best and the advice and cautions offered to him here were made in vain - not worth the time spent to type... I wish to thank him for wasting my time - maybe you all should do the same ;)

TJ out - peace :)
perhaps... remember all the fish he had in his biorb?

Red Tailed Wonder

AC Members
Feb 21, 2005
H3D the fish that were in my biOrb are absoulutely fine! They were all moved to a 190G!

Back to matters, they are an inch long, they will be absoulutely FINE in there for a while.

RTW

Last edited by a moderator:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
why are you asking nyone then if you're only going to do what you want anyway, regardless if we tell you it's right or wrong?? For the record, no one hear thins that is any more than a cruel and horrible idea for those koi.

*TJ

AC Members
Oct 14, 2004
ON, Canada
www.backyardpuddle.ca
Back to matters, they are an inch long, they will be absoulutely FINE in there for a while.

RTW
Not that I know anything about koi - but they will not be fine, as you put it.

RTW, I raise koi, it's pretty much my life - besides raising my own children. I would never place any of my koi babies (yes I breed them) in such a small amount of water. From the time koi hatch to the end of the their first year they should be between 5 to 8 inches long and look 'robust'. Their first year is an important steping stone towards being a healthy koi. In the first 4 years of their lives, every year they should double, if not more, their length while adding to their girth.
What you are doing is cruel, you are upsetting the natural order to which these wonderful fish NEED to thrive. Koi are not guppies, they are not tetras, they are not fish limited to growth - they continue to grow throughout their lives - and you just took 3 koi and placed them in a tiny glass house - placing restrictions on their growth and health. You haven't a clue...

You don't get, I don't care... fools will be fools. I do care about the koi - and they will teach you a thing or two if you keep them in that aquarium... and then you might, just maybe, realize that you should have taken the advice and caution offered to you.

Can't believe I wasted 3 mins typing this... :rolleyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store