Colorful Center Piece Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Winterose

AngelFish Lover
Sep 6, 2008
Conneticut
www.kaligh.com
Hi Guys,

I am redoing my 20 gallon High tank, and trying to find a nice centerpiece fish to put in it. Im going to put it with some of the larger sized tetras, its going to be a planted tank when Im done.

Looking for ideas on a Colorful centerpiece fish.

Any recommendations?

Winterose

AngelFish Lover
Sep 6, 2008
Conneticut
www.kaligh.com
I would go with either a nice male betta (if the tetras are nippers) or a Dwarf Male Gourami.
Would a male Berta go after the colorful tetras? Or do they only go after other male Bettas?

And did you mean if the tetras are not nippers?

Last edited:

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have/had bettas with harlequin rasboras, neon tetras, bloodfins, glowlights and black neons just fine. Some flaring, but the tetras are faster then the betta, so they will be fine.

What type of tetra are you thinking of getting? Normally I would put smaller tetras into a 20H.

Yes I meant if the tetras aren't nippers... I was typing very fast.

Winterose

AngelFish Lover
Sep 6, 2008
Conneticut
www.kaligh.com
I have/had bettas with harlequin rasboras, neon tetras, bloodfins, glowlights and black neons just fine. Some flaring, but the tetras are faster then the betta, so they will be fine.

What type of tetra are you thinking of getting? Normally I would put smaller tetras into a 20H.

Yes I meant if the tetras aren't nippers... I was typing very fast.
I was looking at red minor tetras. For starters

Sneakerpimp

AC Members
Nov 25, 2015
>Buy killifish eggs from ebay
>Hatch them
>Have best looking freshwater fish
>You'll be laughing
7167516461_5c9254ed6f.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com