Columnaris Outbreak!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sweetlowride

AC Members
Nov 3, 2009
Kelowna B.C Canada
Two days ago I noticed some cotton looking fungus growing around the mouth of my Eureka Red Cichlid so I immediately moved him into my 10 Gallon QT Hospital tank and started dosing with Pimafix and Melafix together. Yesterday one of my Yellow Labs in the big tank had some redness around his gills so I dosed the whole tank to try and stop a major outbreak and today it has become sores on his body which leads me to believe its Columnaris not Fungus:jaw-dropping:

I Lowered the temperature to 75 degrees raised the salt to 3% over the last 48 hours and changed medication to Maracyn and Maracyn Two. The Eureka Red is looking better but the Yellow lab isnt showing any improvement, I am surprised to see improvement in the red this early and hope to see improvement in the Yellow over the next few days but he is pretty bad.

My water parameters are perfect Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate just over 10, PH 7.9 and I do 20% water changes every second day using Prime

I included a couple pictures of the Yellow Lab, Do you think he can recover or is it too late for him? Should I euthanize him? Is there anything else I should be doing? This is the first time I have ever had any Disease and hopefully the last

SDC18495.JPG SDC18498.JPG SDC18499.JPG SDC18500.JPG

avanc

Aialik..cutest otter in Oregon!!
Nov 7, 2008
gettin' hot
Oh I'm so sorry it just breaks my heart seeing sick fish. I hope the eureka red is ok.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Oh... sweetlowride, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.:( It is heartbreaking to see him so sick, I wish we could have helped.

Please post pics of the other fish in your tank. I know that everyone here will try to help, if we can.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store