Community Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bjlyons123

AC Members
Apr 22, 2021
Hello. I’m beginning to establish a 60 gallon tank.

here’s the long term plan - open to feedback.
1 Angelfish
3-5 Kamaka Rainbows
3-5 Boeseman Rainbows
2 sunset gouramis
12 cardinal tetras
9 corys

is that too much?

I’ll have a regular filter and a sponge filter to supplement.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Is your tank a 3ft x 18 inch "breeder tank" or a 4ft x 12 inch "long" tank? The gouramis are not likely to get along with the angel for too long...

I haven't kept those rainbows, but again it will probably depend on the tank shape.

All that said, it seems a bit overstocked for either tank size to me...

Reactions: Wyomingite

Bjlyons123

AC Members
Apr 22, 2021
Is your tank a 3ft x 18 inch "breeder tank" or a 4ft x 12 inch "long" tank? The gouramis are not likely to get along with the angel for too long...

I haven't kept those rainbows, but again it will probably depend on the tank shape.

All that said, it seems a bit overstocked for either tank size to me...
thanks for the feedback. It’s a 4 ft x 12. I’ve got the 2 gouramis and 3 Kamaka rainbows and 3 corys established in the tank so far and looking to solidify next steps.

Any suggestions on what to cut out or replace?

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
thanks for the feedback. It’s a 4 ft x 12. I’ve got the 2 gouramis and 3 Kamaka rainbows and 3 corys established in the tank so far and looking to solidify next steps.

Any suggestions on what to cut out or replace?
Since it’s a 4ft tank, I think more likely than not, everything should be good there. The cardinals might get picked off, but I doubt it

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
To be honest I'd skip the solo angel also i would go with 5 honey gourami instead of the 2 sunset. Hum you already have the sunset - well i would trade them in for the honeys ;)
-
Without the angel i would increase the number of cardinals .

Reactions: Wyomingite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
To be honest I'd skip the solo angel also i would go with 5 honey gourami instead of the 2 sunset. Hum you already have the sunset - well i would trade them in for the honeys ;)
-
Without the angel i would increase the number of cardinals .
+1. Adding another half dozen cardinals and a couple more sunset gouramis would give you a more balanced tank and reduce potential aggression.

I've seen both honey gourami (species is Trichogster chuna) and the red form of the dwarf gourami (Trichogaster lalia) sold as sunset gouramis. If you have the former adding a 2 or 3 more will be ideal and you don't have to trade the two you have in. If you have the latter I agree with Jake72 100%, trade them in for honey gouramis. If you can post a pic we can help you ID them.

WYite

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store