Community Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
It occurred to me that there is some confusion here - you said you had sunset gourami but there are two species that are commonly refer to as sunset - there are sunset honey gourami and sunset thick lip gourami. Are your sunset gourami thick lip or honey ?

Reactions: Wyomingite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
It occurred to me that there is some confusion here - you said you had sunset gourami but there are two species that are commonly refer to as sunset - there are sunset honey gourami and sunset thick lip gourami. Are your sunset gourami thick lip or honey ?
We had the same thought at the same time and were typing it out, I guess, lol. I've never seen the thick-lipped for sale and didn't even think of that one. Darn common names.

WYite

Reactions: jake72

Bjlyons123

AC Members
Apr 22, 2021
+1. Adding another half dozen cardinals and a couple more sunset gouramis would give you a more balanced tank and reduce potential aggression.

I've seen both honey gourami (species is Trichogster chuna) and the red form of the dwarf gourami (Trichogaster lalia) sold as sunset gouramis. If you have the former adding a 2 or 3 more will be ideal and you don't have to trade the two you have in. If you have the latter I agree with Jake72 100%, trade them in for honey gouramis. If you can post a pic we can help you ID them.

WYite
1619217661480.jpeg

Bjlyons123

AC Members
Apr 22, 2021

1619218150494.jpeg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Skip the angel for sure. They do better in groups of 6+ as theyre shoaling fish and the tank space doesnt allow room for that unfortunately.

Your sunset is a honey, lovely little fish. But also not compatible with angels either.

Bjlyons123

AC Members
Apr 22, 2021
Skip the angel for sure. They do better in groups of 6+ as theyre shoaling fish and the tank space doesnt allow room for that unfortunately.

Your sunset is a honey, lovely little fish. But also not compatible with angels either.
Thank you. You recommend get more of the honeys? And without the angel not too crowded? Thanks all for the help!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Yes, a group of 3-5 honeys, they are social :)

Bjlyons123

AC Members
Apr 22, 2021
Yes, a group of 3-5 honeys, they are social :)
ok. Here’s an update. I’ve got 8 Kamakas and the 3 honeys and 3 corys. On another thread I’m being told the rainbow and the honeys might not do well together. Should I move the gouramis to my 20 gallon tank that has 7 guppies. You think they would be better there?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store