Complicated tank problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jake Chet

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
Hi this makes absolutely zero sense to me but my bed is right next to my fish tank as shown in pictures and i keep finding water everywhere under my bed and i have no clue where its coming from, and its major its not a few drops, i highly believe it cant be my fish tank because A.) it would smell bad, B.) Wouldnt my tank water be gone by now (havent done a water change in quite a while), and C.) theres no leaks to my knowledge or seeing/feeling of tank, it makes no sense, my brothers bed is on the other side of the tank and he has a dry bed it makes no sense, the back of the tank stand and behind it is dry, but right at the border of the end of the tank on my side is wet, and this wetness seems to regenerate fast.B ased off these pictures and what ive said is my tank causing this? Thanks, top image- my bed and tank comparison, second image- side of my tank, third image- behind of tank, fourth image- my bed (right) and brothers bed (left) comparison, fifth image- where wetness starts at border of tank and behind it is completely dry

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jake Chet

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
I slightly confused those picture orders but i think you can assume what picture is what

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Can you move the tank to elsewhere in the room/house to rule that out as a problem.

Having unidentified water on the floor isn't a good thing, and it not coming from the tank is worrisome.

I'd check that there isn't a leak coming in around the window too... just in case.

Jake Chet

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
Can you move the tank to elsewhere in the room/house to rule that out as a problem.

Having unidentified water on the floor isn't a good thing, and it not coming from the tank is worrisome.

I'd check that there isn't a leak coming in around the window too... just in case.
Thanks for responding no i cannot move this tank it is very large but i didnt mean that it isnt coming from the tank im just very positive it isnt, im not sure.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I am saying moving the tank would narrow it down, if you move your tank across the room, but the puddle remains behind... you can safely say it isn't the tank.

An unidentified puddle of water could be a problem for your home, and for your health, you really shouldn't make llight of it, personally I would do whatever I coudl to narrow down the issue, even if it meant breaking down the tank to empty if it was too big for me to move.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Does your air pump have a check valve installed inline on the airline tubing? And does it ever shut off even for a short while?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
How long has the tank been there? When did the water issue start? First thing I noticed was it appears you are the basement or 1/2 story and there is a window near the problem area. You seem quite sure it isn't coming from the tank so I'm gonna bet it's the window. If you are in the basement though it could literally be coming from anywhere, the floor, the wall. But whether it is coming from the fish tank or not you are going to have to move something to fix the problem. Start with your bed since it must be easier to move than the tank and the water seems to be more under your bed than under the tank anyways.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I'd bet on a window/wall issue by the looks of the base molding and flooring behind the tank.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store