Considering adding plants to the water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wrc1045

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
hello

I am thinking about adding plants to my existing setup. What do I have to have for the plants to thrive? I see all kinds of stuff. I just want several plants and to get rid of the plastic things in there. Lighting is an issue, but is the co absolutely neccessary?
thanks in advance

wrc1045

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
don't know 3 48" tubes in the fixture. I will replace with what ever I need though. what do you think for my tank

Starry

Occasionally sighted.
May 15, 2002
Brampton, Ont
In addition to the ones mentioned above, look for Anubias species, and Amazon swords. You can also try Aponogetons, which are sometimes sold just as bulbs. They will likely give you a crazy spurt of growth for a few weeks or months, then die back, and may or may not resprout depending on the conditions. In general, stay away from feathery fine-leaved plants, they generally need a lof of light and are high maintenance.
I would suggest getting a few cheaper, easy plants and see how you like them, before investing in a lot of plant equipment, just in case you decide plants aren't your thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store