Contest tanks, where is the hardware?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chaka

AC Members
Dec 20, 2007
Arkansas
Looking at a number of different planted tanks I can see all the way around the back edge and there is no filter inlet or outlet tubes. For example, jan 2008 TFH magazine had a 7 page spread of the International aquatic plants contest. There was no hardware to be seen in any of the tanks. Are the tubes and pumps takes out for the photos? I know some can be hidden in corners but was wondering about the tanks you can see all the way around the back glass. Thanks in advance.

yourchoice

AC Members
Aug 6, 2006
Toronto
I know they sell clear plastic tubing which is very expensive.You can get cannisters with built in heaters or splice a heater into the tubes outside the aquarium.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Bottom or low back drilled to canisters or sumps....

RoseFishWatcher

AC Members
Oct 31, 2006
Colorado
I think I saw one contestant who got criticized (by the judges, no less) for taking pics of the tank without removing the hardware. If I ever manage a show tank, I will definately be using a sump (minimum gear in the display possible is ++ in my book).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store