Continuous Hatch n Feeder Brine Shrimp Hatchory

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiffalope

Washed up on the Reef
May 15, 2006
Riverside, CA
Any use this Continuous Hatch n Feeder Brine Shrimp Hatchory to provide food for your fish?

Hatch n Feeder

If you've used this guy or something like it, can you tell me how many shrimp this guy produces per day? What kind of feed rate should I expect from this. Basically, is this like a snack box for my fish or a primary food source for my fish.

I've got nothing right now, but I am going to add two yellowtail damsels soon and try feeding them brine.

Let me know.

AC Members
Jul 25, 2006
Pa.
I just read your post about the brine shrimp hatchery....I have the exact model you referred to....I have a pipefish that eats them all day.....It comes with a spoon that has a scoop at each end (a very small & a larger one) probably 1/8 & 1/4 tsp....I add 2 lg scoops, 1 morning & 1 evening for continuous hatching. I made the mistake of trying to use an auto feeder to add the shrimp eggs....It dumped so many eggs in the hatchery you couldn't even see to the other side!!!!....What a mess!!!!.....The biggest problem is that you need to buy a separate air pump as it doesen't come with one....I had a pump I wasen't using (when I found out bubbles aren't good for reef tanks)....The flow from it was too strong so we pierced some tiny holes in the air hose til we got the right flow....It separates the egg casing from the shrimp when they hatch & its pretty easy to get them out (If you are careful)....If you're not the egg casings float into the aquarium..... :thud: .....Decent purchase....I would buy it again!!!!....Sue

gandorf_2000

Registered Member
Sep 27, 2022
I just read your post about the brine shrimp hatchery....I have the exact model you referred to....I have a pipefish that eats them all day.....It comes with a spoon that has a scoop at each end (a very small & a larger one) probably 1/8 & 1/4 tsp....I add 2 lg scoops, 1 morning & 1 evening for continuous hatching. I made the mistake of trying to use an auto feeder to add the shrimp eggs....It dumped so many eggs in the hatchery you couldn't even see to the other side!!!!....What a mess!!!!.....The biggest problem is that you need to buy a separate air pump as it doesen't come with one....I had a pump I wasen't using (when I found out bubbles aren't good for reef tanks)....The flow from it was too strong so we pierced some tiny holes in the air hose til we got the right flow....It separates the egg casing from the shrimp when they hatch & its pretty easy to get them out (If you are careful)....If you're not the egg casings float into the aquarium..... :thud: .....Decent purchase....I would buy it again!!!!....Sue
what salinity do you keep your tank at? 1.025??

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
this thread is 16 years old.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com