Cool courting fish for 14g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Im really not sure what i want in my 14g, but i want something that likes to court and show off. Im lookin at a few of the threadfins, but idk what else there is thats really showy all the time.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
fork tailed blue eyed rainbowfish

OrQidz

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
Mgamer, do you think threadfins need a big tank? I am in love with them but I can never figure out if they would be happy in a small tank. They don't seem to get very big but rainbows do like swimming space from what I've heard. A bunch of them in a 120 sounds gorgeous!

sorry to hijack thread!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
I only can have one tank in my dorm, so unfortunatly breeding doesnt sound like itd be a good idea to me. I just like that the males are always displaying and looking their best. I dont like boring fish that just casually swim around. The interation of courtship i think is really cool. So pretty much any threadfin will do?

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
What is the footprint of your tank? Rainbows are surface swimmers, so a long footprint is much better than, say a cube shape. They are very active fish and need room to swim. They are very interesting, beautiful, and active fish. My forktail males display frequently, though I havent had any spawning yet. You'll love them!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store